Console Power Adapter

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Cr@2y Gr33k

Console Power Adapter

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:48 am

I recently replaced the 20a fuse in the fuse box because it had opened. Now if I attempt to use my car phone charger on the bottom power adapter, it will not charge my phone. There is no power going to that adapter, but the one in the console and the one that is above it on the dash are working. Does anyone on here know where there is another fuse that may need to be checked or replaced? I have checked the cover of the fuse box, but cannot seem to be able to find anywhere else that I need to replace a fuse.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Last edited by Cr@2y Gr33k on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Console Power Adapter

Postby eieio » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:48 am

Cr@2y Gr33k wrote:I recently replaced the 20a fuse in the fuse box because it had opened. Now if I attempt to use my car phone charger on the bottom power adapter, it will not charge my phone. There is no power going to that adapter, but the one in the console and the one that is above it on the dash are working. Does anyone on here know where there is another fuse that may need to be checked or replaced? I have checked the cover of the fuse box, but cannot seem to be able to find anywhere else that I need to replace a fuse.

Tha ks I advance everyone!
there are 2 fuse boxes, one at the right end of the dash console, the other in the engine compartment

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:36 pm

eieio wrote:
Cr@2y Gr33k wrote:I recently replaced the 20a fuse in the fuse box because it had opened. Now if I attempt to use my car phone charger on the bottom power adapter, it will not charge my phone. There is no power going to that adapter, but the one in the console and the one that is above it on the dash are working. Does anyone on here know where there is another fuse that may need to be checked or replaced? I have checked the cover of the fuse box, but cannot seem to be able to find anywhere else that I need to replace a fuse.

there are 2 fuse boxes, one at the right end of the dash console, the other in the engine compartment
Thanks for the tip. I was able to locate the other fuse that was in the fuse box under the hood, and change it out. All power outlets are back to nromal.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Cr@2y Gr33k wrote:
eieio wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I was able to locate the other fuse that was in the fuse box under the hood, and change it out. All power outlets are back to nromal.
.........you're welcome
crazy that they put the 2 power outlet fuses so far from one another

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:48 am

had same issue ended up losing fuses realised the charger was the problem

Return to “R51 Electrical”