new headlights for the pathfinder

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Mr2005

new headlights for the pathfinder

Postby Mr2005 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:22 am

I have a 2007 pathfinder. I would like much brighter headlights.

can this be done with just a bulb change or does the whole headlight housing need to be replaced?

My housing is all clouded over, and I've had it polished before to remove the cloudiness. that said, i'm open to replace the whole housing.

any recommendation on a better bulb or housing?

LeftHandedWrench

Re: new headlights for the pathfinder

Postby LeftHandedWrench » Mon May 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Mr2005 wrote:I have a 2007 pathfinder. I would like much brighter headlights.

can this be done with just a bulb change or does the whole headlight housing need to be replaced?

My housing is all clouded over, and I've had it polished before to remove the cloudiness. that said, i'm open to replace the whole housing.

any recommendation on a better bulb or housing?
I haven't done any on a pathfinder specifically, but I think what you might be looking for is called an HID Conversion kit. They probably make them to just replace the bulbs, but there are some extra electrical boxes you'll need to mount near the lights.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon May 16, 2016 9:59 pm

It seems getting a set of new projector head lamps like those on CarID.com and replacing the low beam H1 bulb with an HID is one of the best ways to go, unless you want to spend a lot of money sending a set of headlamps out and having them converted to HIDs. You don't want to put an HID kit in a stock head lamp as you will be blinding everybody with it due to the design of the stock lamps reflectors.

Return to “R51 Electrical”