New to the Pathfinder - I have a few questions!

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

rogersmj

New to the Pathfinder - I have a few questions!

Postby rogersmj » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:07 am

Hi all,

just took ownership of a Nissan Pathfinder 2010 model Teckna. Lovely car and perfect for towing a horse box with loads of grunt!

Being a bit of a techy i've been looking into how things all work, so wondered if anyone could answer me a few questions please:

1. I have an option on the ICE unit that says 'Bluetooth Audio', however even though i've paired my iPhone I can't seem to get it to play audio out. Is there something else I have to do? When I select this I get a weird message saying - 'Connecting with tavifa' - any ideas???

2. I don't think this is possible, however can you add music from a USB to the Music box, or can this only take in CD's?

3. Is there an alternative Sat Nav DVD that I can purchase instead of the Nissan one, to give me more features? i.e. Speed Cameras, etc?

4. Is there anyway to confirm whether my unit can play Movie files? I see an option when I press AUX that says Video, however I can't seem to get it to accept any format of file on my USB?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 am

I purchases my Pathy with an aftermarket sterero head unit and not sure what things were standard. But the bluetooth problem could be the stereo only uses bluetooth for phone calls not music.
There is alot of stereos that can fit the pathfinder you just need to purchase the adapter wire harness along with it.

The stock stereo is very limited to what it lets you do.

Return to “R51 Electrical”