2006 stereo sound quality?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

grm3

2006 stereo sound quality?

Postby grm3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:56 am

I replaced the speakers in my 2006 SE (non-Bose) with JBL GTO series 6x9's & 6.5's. They sound better than the stock speakers, but there's not as much improvement as I expected - especially when listening to FM radio. There doesn't seem to be much more bass than stock. It's as if a whole range of low frequencies is missing from the music. I figured the cheap stock speakers could not produce these, but I thought they would come through with the JBL's, and provide a fuller sound than the stock speakers.

Is the stock head unit the culprit here, or is it just the placement of the speakers in the doors not allowing the deeper bass I was hoping for?

I'm not expecting sub-woofer levels of bass, but the base-level 4-speaker stock audio system in my 2012 Honda Civic commuter delivers better bass!

MarkSheriff

Postby MarkSheriff » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:10 am

really the first thing before changing anything should be the radio. the radio is the main drawback to quality and sound production. the radio is pretty much tailored to the stock speakers. so changing one and not the other will not yield any huge differences.

since you already changed your door speakers you probably should change your radio and that way you will be able to fine tune the eq for bass, treble and mids much better.

from experience i have not gotten that much bass from aftermarket door speakers. i usually just use the HPF on the radio or amp and have the doors playing mids and highs and the subs playing the lows.

also its always much better having an amp powering your aftermarket door speakers, no radio alone can do the job since they provide such low wattage.

heres how i did my amp install:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ght=#79312

Return to “R51 Electrical”