Lock horn and lights flash when locking doors not working

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

underworld1001

Lock horn and lights flash when locking doors not working

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:20 am

I have a strange issue. It all stated when I went down to Lowes and picked up a tree that I wanted to plant. Loaded it up, but had to leave the hatch semi open (ran a strap from trailer hitch up through the hatch window then closed the window on top of the strap), but strapped to allow for the top of the tree to hang out. Got home with no issues, but when I went to lock the doors, the horn would no longer honk, but it would flash it's lights and I could hear the doors lock. When unlocking, the lights no longer flash, but the doors unlock normally. In my settings, the horn and all that are turned on when locking. Cursed tree or maybe cause I went to Lowes instead of Home Depot? Not really sure where to start troubleshooting this. Electrical really isn't my forte. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Lock horn and lights flash when locking doors not workin

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:39 am

underworld1001 wrote:I have a strange issue. It all stated when I went down to Lowes and picked up a tree that I wanted to plant. Loaded it up, but had to leave the hatch semi open (ran a strap from trailer hitch up through the hatch window then closed the window on top of the strap), but strapped to allow for the top of the tree to hang out. Got home with no issues, but when I went to lock the doors, the horn would no longer honk, but it would flash it's lights and I could hear the doors lock. When unlocking, the lights no longer flash, but the doors unlock normally. In my settings, the horn and all that are turned on when locking. Cursed tree or maybe cause I went to Lowes instead of Home Depot? Not really sure where to start troubleshooting this. Electrical really isn't my forte. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
if you're sure it isn't the programming of the pager and that no damage was done to any of the rear door or rear window switch mechanisms, you might try disconnecting the trucks battery for 30 minutes, reconnect, and see if there's a change.

grm3

Postby grm3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:05 am

Are you sure you didn't accidentally silence the horn beep feature? I know there have been a couple of occasions where the horn no longer beeped when locking after my wife has driven the Pathy.

From the manual:

If desired, the horn beep feature can be deactivated using the keyfob.

To deactivate: Press and hold the and Lock and Unlock buttons for at least 2 seconds.
The hazard warning lights will flash three times to confirm that the horn beep feature has been deactivated.

To activate: Press and hold the Lock and Unlock buttons for at least 2 seconds once more.
The hazard warning lights will flash once and the horn will sound once to confirm that the horn beep feature has been reactivated.

ssobol

Postby ssobol » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:21 pm

grm3 wrote:Are you sure you didn't accidentally silence the horn beep feature? I know there have been a couple of occasions where the horn no longer beeped when locking after my wife has driven the Pathy.

From the manual:

If desired, the horn beep feature can be deactivated using the keyfob.

To deactivate: Press and hold the and Lock and Unlock buttons for at least 2 seconds.
The hazard warning lights will flash three times to confirm that the horn beep feature has been deactivated.

To activate: Press and hold the Lock and Unlock buttons for at least 2 seconds once more.
The hazard warning lights will flash once and the horn will sound once to confirm that the horn beep feature has been reactivated.
My '08 does not beep and the lights only flash for one of the actions (lock or unlock, can't remember which). Mine was preowned and it has operated that way since I got it.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you all for the responses. I'll have to test the items listed out. Just found it weird that everything worked normally, then I loaded a tree and it stopped working. I'll do a deep dive into trying to get it to work as it should this weekend.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm

@grm3, holy hell that was it. I just held the lock and unlock buttons and then the truck honked again and lights flashed. Pressed the lock button on the keyfob and it honked when it locked. Perfect. Appreciate the help, thanks!

Return to “R51 Electrical”