2012 silver, keyless system issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

dmchan

2012 silver, keyless system issue

Postby dmchan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:38 pm

This has been driving me insane for quite awhile now. It seems to come and go with severity but lately(past 2 weeks) it has been every single time I need to use the vehicle. Im at ~115k.

Problem:
External unlock/lock door button doesnt work reliably; keyfob unlock/ lock buttons dont work reliably; Ignition barrel unlock does not work reliably.

I can always get it to work but sometimes it takes more than a minute for the vehicle to recognize that the key is present to get in. During this time, Im trying both the keyfob and the door button alternatively.
When I get in, I have to play the game with the ignition until I get the green dash light to start the vehicle.
While driving, I'll notice it stops recognizing the key because I'll get the red Key light on the dash.

This is the case for all the antennae, both keyfobs, new batteries, etc.

Question:
Does anyone know how to narrow this down to the failing component? BCM, Keyless controller? Other keyless component?

AND if so, can I replace/reprogram without a dealer?

Im highly capable and make side income working on cars. I can do the work, no question.... its the electronics to troubleshoot / program new equipment that I do not know about.

any help is SUPER appreciated. I'm losing my f*king mind with this problem. :)

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:46 pm

The "Keyless Controller" is built into the BCM. I can't say that the BCM is your problem (it "could" be), but to replace the BCM requires a Nissan Consult III scan tool.

Return to “R51 Electrical”