Who's got subs?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

DickBush

Who's got subs?

Postby DickBush » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Going to get two 12" Kicker L5's installed tomorrow. Im sure theyll hit reallllll heavy when theyre in.

If you have subs tell me about em. (what kind, how long you had them, do you like them, etc.)

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:10 am

I have a pair of Kenwood KFC W110 10 inch subs in a custom built box. It sounds great.

Buzz0515

Postby Buzz0515 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 am

I've got a 12" JL Audio W3v3. It sounds great now that it's hooked up to a proper head-unit. I love it.

It's in a simple pre-made box for right now, but the plan is to remove one half of the third row seats and build the box to sit flush with the floor in it's place. I just don't know if a 12" sub will fit flush.

You can see the set-up here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4072

DickBush

Postby DickBush » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Buzz0515 wrote:I've got a 12" JL Audio W3v3. It sounds great now that it's hooked up to a proper head-unit. I love it.

It's in a simple pre-made box for right now, but the plan is to remove one half of the third row seats and build the box to sit flush with the floor in it's place. I just don't know if a 12" sub will fit flush.

You can see the set-up here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4072
nice. nice. well i went to try and get them hooked up but all the stores were closed by the time i got into town and then best buy tried to charge me $350. So ill try again next week haha. That's a sick GPS holder or whatever you wanna call it, where did you get that? Oh yeah by the way, I'm loving the bungie cord!

2008PatherfinderS

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Had a JL Audio stealthbox installed in my 08 S model. Has a 10" sub and sits in the cargo area right rear behind the console on that side. Only works with models that do not have rear AC controls like mine. I did have to have the power outlet back there relocated but the installer took care of that too. I have it hooked up to a Alpine 5 channel amp (4x75 + 1x300). It's just right for me (classic rock, modern rock) and wont rattle the fillings out of my teeth.

A_L

thkiv

Postby thkiv » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:45 am

I have an 02 with 1 Rockford Fosgate 12" sub in a prefab box. With the way it's wired and powered, it thumps pretty hard. I used to have two 12" JL subs in the back of a 95 Acura Integra that hit so hard I thougth they were going to rattle the car apart. I was thinking of putting 2 12"s in the back of my Pathfinder, but I need the space in the back a lot, so I'm always taking the sub out, and I don't feel like moving a box twice as large & heavy.

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:48 pm

2008PatherfinderS wrote:Had a JL Audio stealthbox installed in my 08 S model. Has a 10" sub and sits in the cargo area right rear behind the console on that side. Only works with models that do not have rear AC controls like mine. I did have to have the power outlet back there relocated but the installer took care of that too. I have it hooked up to a Alpine 5 channel amp (4x75 + 1x300). It's just right for me (classic rock, modern rock) and wont rattle the fillings out of my teeth.

A_L
Was wondering if anyone on here had installed the stealth box. Was one of the first things i check to see if JL had upon purchasing mine. May have to get it in the future......

Return to “R51 Electrical”