Lack of rear audio

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

JohnKata

Lack of rear audio

Postby JohnKata » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:14 am

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forums. I just picked up an 08 Pathfinder LE w/ Nav a few weeks ago, and I have to say this truck is impressive. However, there are two thing that are bothering me (and my 2nd row passengers).

When you're sitting in the second row, unless the volume is up VERY high (>70%), it sounds like the only sound is coming from the front of the car. I know the door speakers are working fine, and I've ensured that the fade is in the middle. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Another thing I found weird is the "REAR CTRL" button on my dash. The manual says that if your car is equipped with rear audio controls, the screen will say "Rear controls enabled/disabled" (which is what happens when I push the button), and if you don't have them, it will say "Rear controls not available". I looked everywhere back there for controls and couldn't find them (I also don't have the overhead DVD player).

Can anyone please shed some light on these issues? Thanks!

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 am

Hey John,
I only have a lowley 05 XE but I have upgraded my stereo to a Multimedia unit with dual zone capability. Off the top of my head it sounds like it could be a Dual Zone mute mode of some sort. I'd take it to the dealership they might have to do a reset of your audio system... Or if you have 15-20 min to spare you could disconnect your ground on the battery and try to reset it that way (not 100%, don't have an 08), save the trip but just have to tweak your radio back to where you want it.

00void

Postby 00void » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 am

i have a PDF user manual for '08s and from what i can gather the rear controls are shown on the overhead DVD screen in the rear.

according to the manual, you would hit the REAR CTRL button on the dash and with the DVD screen down, rear passengers would be able to control the audio from the rear i think via remote control. also, the manual says the rear speakers would shut off entirely if passengers were to use headphones.

hope that helps

Return to “R51 Electrical”