Keyfob

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

dawgn86

Keyfob

Postby dawgn86 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:33 pm

wife dropped the keyfob into some coffee recently. I took it apart, cleaned and dried it best I could

having problems now with doors locking by themselves going down the road..keyfob locks and unlocks doors sometimes..sometimes it doesnt

can I just buy the keyfob from Nissan and program it myself?

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

You will have to have Nissan program it, but you can buy the fob from ebay and save a few bucks. When you go to have it done, make sure you have all of your fobs with you because they will all have to be reprogrammed.

Baedarlboo

Postby Baedarlboo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:36 pm

You can buy the fob on either ebay or amazon, and program them yourself. Programing instructions are floating around online. It's not hard at all.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 am

Baedarlboo wrote:You can buy the fob on either ebay or amazon, and program them yourself. Programing instructions are floating around online. It's not hard at all.
Thanks guys

just ordered one from Amazon $30 and will be here Friday, with programming instructions included

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 am

dawgn86 wrote:
Baedarlboo wrote:You can buy the fob on either ebay or amazon, and program them yourself. Programing instructions are floating around online. It's not hard at all.
Thanks guys

just ordered one from Amazon $30 and will be here Friday, with programming instructions included
Correct. I should have realized that your key was fine. The keys have to be programmed by the dealer not the remotes.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

no problem Adams....we have lost our other key and remote a few years back....if this new keyfob works good, im going to order a spare

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 pm

sorta an update here...while waiting on the new keyfob to arrive, I had to remove the batter from the other one..my doors would lock and unlock at random..horn would beep.

I took it apart and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and a q tip, but it doesnt help; im sure this keyfob is toast.

Is there a way to disable the system in the meantime?

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:59 pm

nevermind..got the new keyfob, programmed it and its all working perfect now.

Baedarlboo

Postby Baedarlboo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

good to hear.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm

With you old fob, you might try leaving it in some rice. It helps remove an left over moisture and it might still work on your Pathfinder.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:11 am

Vol

good tip....I took it all apart, cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol and a Q tip..used low pressure air..still was jacked up..the rubber boots on the buttons were torn anyway...saved the battery though!

StaticFilter

Postby StaticFilter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Just bought an 05 for my wife, need some keyless remotes/fobs for it, best/cheapest place to buy them? Link to programming info?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Ebay would be a great place to find remotes. just make sure they match the numbers on your current remote.

Programing:

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard
Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder
each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming
procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side
power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should
flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Hope that helps.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:49 am

StaticFilter wrote:Just bought an 05 for my wife, need some keyless remotes/fobs for it, best/cheapest place to buy them? Link to programming info?
I bought mine from Amazon for $30 and it comes with good instructions on how to program. It works great.

jklaus

Whats the model I need for an '05 fob?

Postby jklaus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 am

If i search for a new one on ebay/amazon - whats the exact model I need?
Is there a specific type or are they generally all the same?
For an '05PF btw.

Cheers,

Return to “R51 Electrical”