Auxillary lighting

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

nutbar78

Auxillary lighting

Postby nutbar78 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Okay, our search button didn't give any meaningful results so I am creating a new thread. I'd really like to install some auxillary lights up front and I'd like some ideas. Show me pics of what you're running and please give details. Thanks.

GFremont

Postby GFremont » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 am

I'm not sure I'm getting the re-post correctly but I am trying to link you to the post I had for installing a set of PIAAs in my front bumper.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:36 am

I have a Bulbar and I installed a pair of Hella 500’s on them. They work very nicely and I'm satisfied with them. In the city they come across as too bright and I get flicked off when I use them but on rural roads they really throw a beam over 120ft forward and it makes for nice night driving. Because they are located on the Bulbar they are closer to the ground and do not act like high beams do but rather than extreme distance lights.

Last edited by hfrez on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 am

Have a look here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4067

I installed this on mine & it is rock solid and really makes the lights blend in with the whole front grill.

07-SV-650

Postby 07-SV-650 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 am

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamps-nissanfrontier.html

Hmm... I wonder if these would fit

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 pm

I went the same route as hfrez above, but put 5K hids of matching color in everyhting. Hella 500 also had a protective tint film on them to protect them from the road debree. This set up was great - it would melt snow.
But eventually I got tired of it and sold it. I kept hid for the headlights, converted OEM fogs back to stock and currently on workiong on smaller rectangular yellow hid lights that would fit in the upper bumper opening, tucked well inside. This will retain stock look and will give me decent light output on demand. Some pics of the old set up: Image
All lights on (yes the glare it created was rediculous, you could not use these on public roads): Image

cgray

Postby cgray » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:30 pm

I went the same route as the guys above with the bull bar and 2 KC's mounted to it. Sorry I don't have any good pics other than my icon. I would recommend wiring the lights up to a separate switch inside the cabin that is also connected to the ignition so you avoid killing your batt on accident.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:32 pm

cgray wrote:I would recommend wiring the lights up to a separate switch inside the cabin that is also connected to the ignition so you avoid killing your batt on accident.
I sure did. They are hooked up to my driving lights but I have a seperate switch that allowes me to turn them off in town.

Return to “R51 Electrical”