Replacement Headlights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Theeflash

Replacement Headlights

Postby Theeflash » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 am

I know I'm really beating a dead horse, after it was already beaten by many others, however I was wondering about some opinions. I'm at the point after a couple storm where I'm convinced my '08 headlights are actually dangerous to me. I've been searching nonstop for replacements and understand that because of redesign in '08 to fit the V-8, manufacturers who list their lights as 05-08 are incorrect. I have a few things.

http://www.carid.com/2011-nissan-pathfi ... prodReview these are for 2011s. If you look at stock replacements, 08-11 are the same part, so shouldn't these fit the 08 modification?
http://www.ilovebodykits.com/category.p ... =alpha*asc on this site there are listings for different lights 05-08, but specifying that they do not fit the V8, maybe anzo changed something? would this mean they do fit the redesign?

finally, has anybody had any luck with anything? i've read every topic about this issue on the forum, and this is driving me nuts.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

I have not found anything, but I have not tried anything. I've done the same as you, spent my time reading this forum and others trying to find a set that will fit the 08 and newer pathfinders.

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 pm

I called Nissan today, they said the stock headlights for 2008-2011 are the same. That would mean the 2011s I posted originally will fit an 08. It's a matter of $615 for headlights and $100 for HIDs that I just need to get myself to go for. I tried adjusting my headlight height a little bit tonight...helped barely, I've really concluded the headlights just suck.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 am

We should ask Carid if they would do anykind of group buy to lower the cost. I think there are plenty of people on this forum with the 08-newer pathfinders that would love to buy a set of projectors. I'll contact them and see what they can do.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 am

By chance do you happen to know the OEM part number for the 08-11 pathfinder headlamps? I think that might help them see they are the same headlamps and maybe help them sell more if they open up to more than just 2011.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:35 am

Here is what I sent to CARiD:

To whom it may concern,
My name is Jonathan Tolman. I'm the proud owner of a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. I'm a member of a few technical forums and many members have been looking for projector headlamps to swap into our 2008-2011 pathfinders. We have been to your site and have noticed the Item Number: 318030. It shows it only fits 2011 pathfinders. However after contacting a local nissan dealer, the parts department has informed me the 2008-2011 headlamp is the same part number. Is there anyway your company would be willing to do some kind of group buy to allow for a cheeper price? I know there are plenty of members on thenissanpath.com forum that would be very intrested in your headlamps, but can't seem to justify the price tag of $600, when a par of headlamps for the 2005-2007 are around $200. I'm more than willing to be a point of contact for the group buy. Please let me know.

Jonathan Tolman
[email protected]

Hopefully something good will come from this. :D

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 am

Definitely keep us updated. the only thing that concerns me is option racing's website doesn't say anything about that headlight. It's common for manufacturers to have poor websites though. I think I might call them today to confirm. If I had the money I'd front a quantity to try to get wholesale directly from OR, but maybe if we could find a group number like 5+ people guaranteed, CarID would be more willing to discount.

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 am

I just did a quick skim through the forum and I think there are 5 people that have expressly said that they want projector headlights.

Me
volvite
frozen
findyourpath
skinny2

If these fit, I could be had to spend $450 on them and $100 on the Notto HID. If that was okay with all of us and they could do that, regardless of how much profit, that would be $2750 in sales vs $0 for something that is probably not selling. The only bad thing is they have a "sale" price already so this may go nowhere. Having said that, I'll probably have them in a couple months regardless.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:55 am

Theeflash wrote:I called Nissan today, they said the stock headlights for 2008-2011 are the same. That would mean the 2011s I posted originally will fit an 08. It's a matter of $615 for headlights and $100 for HIDs that I just need to get myself to go for. I tried adjusting my headlight height a little bit tonight...helped barely, I've really concluded the headlights just suck.
That's really expensive. More than twice what I paid for mine. When you get into the $600 range, you can have custom retrofits done, although you will be without headlights for a week or so.

I really do like mine far more than stock because I can actually see things at night. The cutoff is fine, but the beam pattern is a bit odd. I would certainly do it all over again if I had to.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am

All,

I already recieved a reply. Looks like they will discount them some. Here is the reply:

"Hello Jonathan!

These are OPTION RACING® - Black Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs Item Number: 318030, these lights are designed to directly replace your factory ones. Most sets come with the easy-to-follow installation instructions.
These lights are thoroughly tested to meet federal and international standards. Being DOT and SAE approved, they meet FMVSS-108 regulations and are completely street legal.
And the combination of Halo plus LED provides higher efficiency and increased safety. Halo lights function so that the energy is being saved, while the provided light is more concentrated. And LEDs are known for their long service life, low power consumption, and resistance to the low temperatures and vibrational shocks.

I checked, and the best I could do here for you would be:

Subtotal: $614.70
Discount coupon : $43.03
Discounted subtotal: $571.67
Shipping cost: $0.00
TOTAL: $571.67

instead of $614.70; plus I will also give you my 5% coupon code for your next purchases!

Let me know if you are interested and I will help you with your order!
And thank you for your interest in our products, we look forward to serving you!

--

Sincerely,

Archie Kerimov
Sales Department
800.505.3274 Ext 841
[email protected]"

571.67 is still high in my book. However, I do agree the light output is horrible from the OEM lights. :(

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 pm

bad news. I called option racing and they said the lights they make are only up to '07...looks like another site with no idea what it's talking about. I'm going to buy a kit and retrofit mine. seems easy enough and only costs around $350.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm

That sucks. So I think CarId needs to update their site and make sure the headlamps fit.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Theeflash wrote:bad news. I called option racing and they said the lights they make are only up to '07...looks like another site with no idea what it's talking about. I'm going to buy a kit and retrofit mine. seems easy enough and only costs around $350.
Please take plenty of pics as you go. I bought an extra pair of headlamps from a member here with the hopes of doing a retrofit of HID projectors. I have not had a chance to do anything yet... Lay a good foundation and I will join you in this venture!

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:15 am

I'll be sure to do my best to show others the step-by-step. From what I can tell, the only difference between a retrofit, and installing HID is making sure when you put the projector in, it's aligned properly. This won't be happening for a few months, as it is around 5 degrees here, but i'll revive the thread when I do the install.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 am

Well I emailed my contact at CarId about your post when you contacted option racing. He replied this morning:

"Good morning Jon,

Sure , I will call the manufacturer today and as soon as they will open and I will get the answer , I will let you know.
Thank you for your interest in our products, we look forward to serving you!"

Maybe something will come of this.

Return to “R51 Electrical”