Transponder key issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

NmexMAX

Transponder key issue

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:45 am

Long story short, dealership that I bought from (CarMax) never gave me the actual master key when I bought, and the battery died, and it's locked and all I have are my Intelligent/Smart keys.

So, I believe my options are as follows.

1.) Call CarMax and give them an earful, and request a key, in hopes they have mine. Issue is, my vehicle was shipped from VA or somewhere across the country from me. Perhaps they can overnight it. I sure hope this is the case, as it looks to be the easiest.

2.) End up having to go to Nissan to have a new one made and reprogrammed for the NVIS/NATS. From my understanding, they need the VIN, but will the also need an ECU SN, or should I assume (never good) that this information is tied into the VIN?

3.) Any other thoughts or opinions?

08 LE

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 am

Not sure if you know, but the smart key has a key to unlock your door. On the back side is a little lever, pull down and then pull the silver cap and you will have an actual key. That will unlock the driver door.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:48 am

volvite wrote:Not sure if you know, but the smart key has a key to unlock your door. On the back side is a little lever, pull down and then pull the silver cap and you will have an actual key. That will unlock the driver door.
Jesus I feel like an idiot!

Thanks for the heads up. I took a quick glance before work today and noticed this elver. Wow, do I feel, anyway. I can make an excuse in that I don't giver her enough attention and the battery died and I was in a rush, but what's the fun in that ...

Thanks for being kind about it.

On the forum that I frequent, wow, it wouldn't have been so sweet.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 am

NO problem. We take care of people on this forum. Good luck and hope there is no real big issue.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:50 pm

volvite wrote:NO problem. We take care of people on this forum. Good luck and hope there is no real big issue.
+1!!! FLAME OFF.... :)

Return to “R51 Electrical”