Instrument Cluster Help

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

AZRoushStang

Instrument Cluster Help

Postby AZRoushStang » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:58 am

Hey All,

My 05 Path has been exhibiting some odd behavior over the last week and I'm not exactly sure what might be going on.

There seems to be something going on with the instrument cluster, I'm not sure if it is a problem itself, or some sort of error code that the computer is trying to tell me.

But what happens is that the mileage portion of the message center will suddenly beep and the display all little o's so it looks like "ooooooo", sometimes will display "oooooo_". It will sit that way for a few seconds then show the mileage again. It seems to do this pretty often, but I can't put a figure on the frequency.

Any thoughts on what might be going on?

This is the only portion of the display that changes. The trip/gas milage display does not change at all.

I'm really confused and the wife is really annoyed. Any help someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am

My 06 did that before...there was a recall I had on mine and Nissan fixed it for free.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:11 am

dawgn86 wrote:My 06 did that before...there was a recall I had on mine and Nissan fixed it for free.
what recall campaign was that?

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 am

eieio wrote:
dawgn86 wrote:My 06 did that before...there was a recall I had on mine and Nissan fixed it for free.
My gauges were blinking..showing all zeros...was still under warranty at 28k miles. They pulled a code of P 0463 fuel level sensing circuit and fixed under NTB-07-069a

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm

dawgn86 wrote:
eieio wrote:
My gauges were blinking..showing all zeros...was still under warranty at 28k miles. They pulled a code of P 0463 fuel level sensing circuit and fixed under NTB-07-069a
that's an extended warranty campaign, not a recall campaign :)

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 am

sorry about that...I was just going by my service receipt.. :oops:

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 am

dawgn86 wrote:sorry about that...I was just going by my service receipt.. :oops:
sorry if i seem picky about the terminology :)
but i see the "r" word (recall) referred to inappropriately to other types of campaigns so often, and i think it's important to differentiate them from other types of campaigns, of which there are many
recall campaigns have no mileage or age limitations (they never expire)
they are usually safety related
all other campaigns have some mileage and time limitation
the fuel level sending unit campaign is an extended warranty campaign
it has mileage & time limitations
does your receipt refer to your repair as a "recall"?
if it does, that could be of value to others who have had to incur the cost of this repair due to those limitations being exceeded
8)

nikko7mge

Postby nikko7mge » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:47 am

sounds like your cluster dimmer switch. Try turning it back and forth a few times.

AZRoushStang

Postby AZRoushStang » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 am

It turned out to be the dimmer switch...It was in a weird state being one tick from full bright..so when the car would vibrate just right it would bounce off the max and sound the signal....Yay for free fixes...

Return to “R51 Electrical”