BOSE AMPLIFIER

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

BOSE AMPLIFIER

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:40 am

has anyone chaged the bose amp on there r51 yet? i suspect mine is starting to go since i had a my radio playing when all of a sudden no sound. left the truck for about two hours then returned and alll sound was back.

Pathfinder101

Postby Pathfinder101 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 am

I have the same issue going on and seems to be affected by how warm the weather is. I did try a replacement from an 05 350z that my friend had they look identical but they are not the same and it did not work so keep that in mind when looking for replacement. I just haven't seen any good deals for the exact replacement used ones on EBay are like $300-400. I may just end up putting a complete new system instead.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm

I recently had to pull a speaker out of one because it was blown out. Still working on a replacement. Bose corp sells them but are out of stock. The subwoofer box assembly lists for around $570 and they sell online for around $470 (genuine Nissan, brand new). If you want to keep the factory Bose system and confirm the subwoofer amp is bad, you may want to contact Bose corp. or Google search companies that do factory & amp repairs to see what the cost is on repairing your original unit.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:23 am

the amp powers all the speakers. if it acts up again i'll probably just trash it and redo the whole setup.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:02 pm

An amp is an amp is an amp, isn't it? Unless its a duck....

There should be power and lines in, and lines out....why wouldn't an aftermarket work?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:29 am

[quote="nutbar78"]An amp is an amp is an amp, isn't it? Unless its a duck....

There should be power and lines in, and lines out....why wouldn't an aftermarket work?[/quote

An "amp may be an amp," but if you use the wrong impedance speakers than the amp was designed for, you can damage the amp. If you want some deeper explanation on the subject of speaker impedance and amplifiers, you should try this site:

http://www.prestonelectronics.com/audio/Impedance.htm

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue May 01, 2012 12:25 pm

nutbar78 wrote:An amp is an amp is an amp, isn't it? Unless its a duck....

There should be power and lines in, and lines out....why wouldn't an aftermarket work?
nope, one amp isn't exactly the same as another amp. it's kinda like saying a car is a car is a car. a ford fiesta is not the same as a bugatti veyron.

and in this setup basically bose usually (i haven't verified with the pathfinder, but that's what they used to do in other manufacturers) uses 1ohm speakers/amp, so if you replace it with another typical aftermarket amp they run at 4ohms. your speaker that put out 50watts@1ohm before, now only puts out about 12w@4ohms (after adding a resistor so you don't blow your new amp) which is not alot of power.

i would -love- to switch out my whole setup, with a better screen/nav/options/etc, but i'm sure i can't do that since they integrated everything into the stock display. at best i could figure out the line outs from the head unit and then send those to another amp, and then change out -all- the speakers for the 4ohm variety. makes me tired just thinking about it.

Return to “R51 Electrical”