HVAC fan speeds.. WHERE???

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Mr Mayor

HVAC fan speeds.. WHERE???

Postby Mr Mayor » Fri May 11, 2012 4:50 pm

OK so my 2008 Path is giving my heartburn today....

I lost all but maybe 1 fan speed on the HVAC controls.

This happened to my 2000 Xterra and it was some electrical board I just dropped from below the glovebox and fixed it (Actually, MY very HOW TO is still pinned at XOC (Xterra Owners Club).. thing is, WHERE is it on THIS truck I havent a clue?

Basically, I have LOW fan speed only.... nothing higher, but ironically the fan doesnt stop, it just sits at the low speed regardless of selection...

HELP!?!?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 am

Sounds like the blower motor resistor. Unsure where its located on the pathfinder, but I'll try and snoop around this afternoon.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am

It was..
Part is located under the glovebox just like my old XTerra, but required a 7/32 socket (5.5mm?). And it was a little tight in there... not quite socket only, but not quite socket extension... really sucked...

FYI: NISSAN most definitely updated this part.... it now REMEMBERS that I left my A/C on with RECIRC, so now my remote start can be used in the summer!? :D :D (and as of today, it's 99)

MM

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Your auto climate control should have kicked in the recirc automatically on startup before too. Mine always has, anyways, and we've never updated the resistor...

Return to “R51 Electrical”