Battery Bracket

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

nickCR

Battery Bracket

Postby nickCR » Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 am

So I had to replace the battery and opted to put in a BOSCH S6 battery (70 amp) but the bracket doesn't fit over the top of the battery properly so one side remains elevated and on the top edge of the battery.

This has already created some cracks on the top of the battery, so I want to fix the bracket so I don't have this problem anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they did this?

Thanks in advance!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Battery Bracket

Postby NVSteve » Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 pm

nickCR wrote:So I had to replace the battery and opted to put in a BOSCH S6 battery (70 amp) but the bracket doesn't fit over the top of the battery properly so one side remains elevated and on the top edge of the battery.

This has already created some cracks on the top of the battery, so I want to fix the bracket so I don't have this problem anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they did this?

Thanks in advance!
Have a look on Amazon or your local auto parts store. There are quite a few "universal" bracket kits out there in various sizes. I know I've had to do the same a few times in the past.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 am

That's what I did, ordered one last night. I got one that is rubber since I feel it will get a softer but better grip on the battery.

I go to the beach once a month and it's all dirt roads out there. Don't want the battery jumping around.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Keep an eye on the rubber strap. I had one in my other vehicle and in a relatively short time it started to crack. I had to replace it after about 8 months.

Return to “R51 Electrical”