iPod and Sat in '06

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

caseyr02

iPod and Sat in '06

Postby caseyr02 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 am

Does anyone have the factory installed iPod interface and/or factory installed Satelite? If so I have a couple of questions...

#1 - With the Ipod, I'm curious how well the interface works (ie: does it display across the screen, sound quality, etc.)

#2 - Is the factory installed Satelite radio controlled all in dash, or does it require the external player. (I know that you you have to pay the extra $300 bucks at the dealer for the tuner, but does that mean that it works via your radios controls?)

Burt

Re: iPod and Sat in '06

Postby Burt » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:53 pm

caseyr02 wrote:Does anyone have the factory installed iPod interface and/or factory installed Satelite? If so I have a couple of questions...

#1 - With the Ipod, I'm curious how well the interface works (ie: does it display across the screen, sound quality, etc.)

#2 - Is the factory installed Satelite radio controlled all in dash, or does it require the external player. (I know that you you have to pay the extra $300 bucks at the dealer for the tuner, but does that mean that it works via your radios controls?)
1. Sound quality is excellent... especially with the external antenna rather than the internal glass mount. The only complaint i have is that there is a seven character limit on the station name and or artist name in the display.
2. The Sat interface is under/in dash mounted just above the emergency brake petal. The ipod interface get mounted above the gas petal and along side the console. The Ipod works great through your radio controls but are rather convaluted and again the artist name is limited to seven characters when searching.

Middle Man

Postby Middle Man » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:02 am

The sound quality on my factory, external antenna XM is disappointing and below the quality of local non digital FM broadcasts. Now, if only the local FM selection was better...

Return to “R51 Electrical”