Bose garbage

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Bose garbage

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:46 pm

So after my amp has been taking long pauses while listening to my favorite songs. I pulled the trigger and got rid of all my Bose speakers. I replaced with all pioneer 3 way door speakers. I know just have to source some good replacement tweeters. It was no easy task since i am running two amps which I mounted under the from seats. Replaced wires from each door since my truck speakers all have different color wires for each door. That pissed me off. Very happy with the decision to and it sounds amazing. The srs light got me unfortunately. Did the ignition procedure with cured that headache.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:15 am

Nice job! I don't have BOSE in my Pathy, but I do have to say that changing out the stock deck for a Pioneer was the best decision I could have made. Clarity, volume, bluetooth, etc...

I would get a nice tweeter package as that will make or break your system. Nothing like hearing crackling voice.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:50 am

i replaced the rear door tweeters and the sound compare to the bose tweeters is night and day. i know just have to find some good replacements for the dash and it will be complete.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 am

What do you use for a music player? I'm not sure I'm ambitious enough to rip out the BOSE, but XM sounds quality is absolutely horrible and I can't even get enough volume when the windows are down. Using my phone hooked to the headphone jack is better but still barely loud enough. CD is about the only thing that really gets the volume and it sounds MUCH better than the other two. Someone loaded a bunch of music on a CD for me and I put that in yesterday. First time I've listened to a CD in a long time and I was running the volume half as high as I do for XM. I've probably destroyed the BOSE speakers blasting that garbage signal from XM.

Is there a better way to connect my phone to get better sound/volume? I don't have bluetooth and not sure the factory bluetooth plays music anyway. My wife's van has the bluetooth audio and it works really nice. Wish I could run something like that with the stock system.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:58 am

pioneer double din p3200 dvd. the stock radio would not support all the media i use.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 am

Ah, too much effort for me. I may just go back to loading some tunes on CD's and slapping them in. Sound/volume is good enough on CD, just not very convenient by 2012 standards!

Return to “R51 Electrical”