Ultimate tailgating setup - input requested

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

RossCarlson

Ultimate tailgating setup - input requested

Postby RossCarlson » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:04 pm

The primary reason I bought my Pathfinder was to tow my race car to the track during the summer and camp/tailgate with my dog for the weekend. As spring in Colorado is fast approaching I'm getting everything setup and am looking for input. Here's my current plan/setup:

- Install trickle charger in engine bay so I can connect to an RV hookup and keep the power topped off

- 22" 1080p ceiling mounted flip out screen installed in back, will only be visible with tailgate open

- Connection for above screen at rear of car - plan to connect Xbox, AppleTV, etc. and power via 110 from the RV connections (don't need to do an inverter as this setup doesn't need to be "mobile")

- Use some sort of powered speaker/boombox for audio for above (plan to just set it inside the back of the truck - looking for input here)

- Have USB chargers in center console

- Some sort of LED light bar/etc installed at tailgate, inside truck for exterior lighting while the gate is open. Looking for input here, not sure if I want to do this or just use the lanterns/lamps I have now

- Cooler/storage will be on the trailer with my car.

I've tried to look around for more general tailgatting setups but I haven't been able to find anything. I enjoy my car camping so throw out the ideas please.

-Ross

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 am

Check out the pathfinder site in Australia. They have some great camping setups.

Return to “R51 Electrical”