Projector options for HIDs

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Sayantsi

Postby Sayantsi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:48 am

Replacing a headlight assembly is basically a bolt off, bolt on operation. Upgrading to HIDs is typically plug and play but there can be the occasional modification needed.

That said, if you are halfway decent with a project and have a few basic tools, you can replace your headlights.

I'm trying to find any previous DIY here for replacing headlights but I can't find any right now. Fwiw I've ordered a set of the CGs so I'll be doing this very soon. Worst case, I'll create a DIY as I go.

This of course is all for a pre-2008 model...

Serpens

Postby Serpens » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Zen_master wrote:Real quick, are you all doing this upgrade yourselves or is it something best suited to a professional?
The upgrade I was planning requires the lights to be shipped off and done by a professional. That project is getting moved farther and farther out for me, as I decided it'd be a better use of my time to get my other car paid off first.

Sayantsi

Postby Sayantsi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Serpens wrote:
Zen_master wrote:Real quick, are you all doing this upgrade yourselves or is it something best suited to a professional?
The upgrade I was planning requires the lights to be shipped off and done by a professional. That project is getting moved farther and farther out for me, as I decided it'd be a better use of my time to get my other car paid off first.
My CGs showed up this afternoon, so I just installed them tonight. I'll do a write up when I get some time. Overall, BIG IMPROVEMENT.

srquill

Postby srquill » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Sayantsi wrote:Replacing a headlight assembly is basically a bolt off, bolt on operation. Upgrading to HIDs is typically plug and play but there can be the occasional modification needed.

That said, if you are halfway decent with a project and have a few basic tools, you can replace your headlights.

I'm trying to find any previous DIY here for replacing headlights but I can't find any right now. Fwiw I've ordered a set of the CGs so I'll be doing this very soon. Worst case, I'll create a DIY as I go.

This of course is all for a pre-2008 model...

Maybe check this...
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9131

Return to “R51 Electrical”