Radio Turning Off

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Skoobie

Radio Turning Off

Postby Skoobie » Wed May 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey guys. Got a quick question about the radio in my 2012 SE Pathy. Just noticed a couple days ago that when I start up the car the radio is turned off by default even if I left it on when I last turned off the vehicle. I have to manually turn the radio back on every time I get into the car and reset it to the station I want to listen to (when I turn it on initially it's set to the 2nd present on the B list). I've only had the Pathy for about a month but it only just started doing this a few days ago. Did I accidentally hit a button somewhere? Thanks for the help guys :)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Did u buy it new? If so take it in for warranty work. If not here's the next question. Does it save your preset radio stations? If not it sounds like the wire that maintains power to the head unit is faulty. If the presets are still on it might be in the settings and u need to adjust them.

Skoobie

Postby Skoobie » Thu May 02, 2013 4:28 pm

We didn't buy it new but it's still under the factory warranty. It does save the presets so I'm pretty sure it's getting power while the car is off (clock is good, etc) its just OFF when you start the car and no matter what you were doing before it always starts on the "B" list, 2nd setting. It's just strange. Not sure if its a defect or if Im just an idiot and pushed a button I shouldn't have.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Do you have memory seats? If so it could be linked to either of the two memory seat buttons.

Skoobie

Postby Skoobie » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 am

No memory seats. Like I said before it JUST started doing this like a week or so ago. So I'm assuming no one has run into this before then? I'm seriously considering taking it in now. It's just ANNOYING right now but it something breaks later outside of the warranty period and this radio crap was an early indicator I'll kick myself in the balls over it :P Oh, and the environmental controls are OFF as well when you start the car no matter what you had them set too when you shut off the vehicle.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Let me know what you find out.

Return to “R51 Electrical”