IPDM/ECM

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Bren

IPDM/ECM

Postby Bren » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm

2006 77K
American bought, USN stationed oversea's.
so at 77k I found out that my transmission was leaking fluid into my radiator... Yep this was the start of it all.
2 months ago I started noticing a jolt, when I would slowly decrease speed without touching the brakes. It literally would feel like someone just ran into me. On my way to the Nissan dealership my car stalled again while coming to a stop (first time for staling, steering locked up all lights on the dashboard went off), luckily I was right next to the dealership and was able to restart it and drive on in. After explaining to Nissan all the issues I was having they ran a diagnostics and came up with the fluids in the transmission needed to be changed with "Nissan Genuine Fluids" So after $400 for that they said yep your good to go. After a little looking on the internet I saw the recall for the ECM relay switch, when I asked Nissan they told me they specifically stayed away from the internet during trouble shooting. Needless to say on my way home my car died, so this time I took it to a different shop. My car was pushing out the error for the Engine sensor and the crank angle sensor, changed those out left the repair shop and again on my way home the car died but this time it felt like I ran out of gas after adding some petrol and waiting a few it started up but died within 30 seconds or so. After getting it back in the shop it still wouldn't start up tested the starter and finally found another crank angle sensor that was showing up faulty changed that out, car started right up but wouldn't complete the reset process?(I am by far a mechanic so have no idea wth this means) I contacted Nissan in Chesapeake and had them express out the ECM Relay sometimes you just have that gut feeling .. Sure enough after $2.00 (it's a $300.00 part here) part with shipping 54.00 my car is now up and running. After it would finally go thru the relearning process I got my car back. Now my headlights in low beam aren't working FML I have checked all my fuses, replaced the bulbs and Nada they still will only work on High

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Have you checked the headlight relay? From what you've described, it appears that the entire IPDM is faulty. Its very unlikely that so many sensors would go bad at the same time.

Bren

Postby Bren » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 am

I'm going to take it in tomorrow. I'm hoping they can say it's this or that but then again it will probably be safe to just order a new IPDM at least get it on its way here.

Return to “R51 Electrical”