Weird electrical problem.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

mjbuck

Weird electrical problem.

Postby mjbuck » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 am

I have a 2012 Pathfinder Silver Edition with only 7,200 miles. On my last fishing outing, I noticed my trailer taillights were not working. Easy fix, a burnt fuse in the fuse-box. Because of how the fuses are labeled, I had to test/remove about a half-dozen fuses before finding the correct one. I also had to unplug a wire harness to get better access to the fuses. The trailer lights now work, but my vehicle appears to be electronically possessed. When I start it, the two fan blowers in the second row seating area and in the cargo area blow on high. If I turn on the headlights, they go off. None of my heater/AC/fan controls on the dash work, except for the rear window defrost. I also noticed my temperature display is out. I live 220 miles from the nearest Nissan dealership and my local mechanic doesn't have a clue on what happened. Anyone out there have suggestions? I have some knowledge when it comes to vehicles and electic systems, but this is way over my head. Thank you.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 am

Oh boy this stuff can be fun. Is it possible the harness you pulled apart may not be connected properly? or some pins were bent? It really sounds like something along those lines given it's impacting quite a few things. I'd start by checking out that harness again. Maybe pull battery cable first and let all the computers reset. If that doesn't work, I'd look at the repair manual (links at the top of one of these forums) and see what all is controlled by the harness you pulled.

Return to “R51 Electrical”