Flashing airbag light resets for a few min and then HELP !!

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

canp5

Flashing airbag light resets for a few min and then HELP !!

Postby canp5 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:39 pm

My airbag light on my wifes 07 SE pathfinder started to flash the other day. I went online and found the reset where you turn the key on and off 4 times. that worked for about 3 to 5 min and then while driving the light started to flash again. I need some help guys the local dealer wants $200 just to look at it and start to diagnose the problem.

Can I try and get a code reader and get the code ?? if so what reader do I need ? I went to the local autozone and they said they can only read the check engine light codes so that option is gone.

I also want to check all the air bag connections thoughout the vehicle where can I find information on where they are located ?

Any help /tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 pm

had any work, maintenance, or mods been done prior to this problem?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:03 am

Most code readers will not diagnose or reset airbag codes. Any reader that can do that costs much more than taking it to the dealer. Any number of things could cause the airbag light to come one. Something simple such as a faulty seatbelt sensor could be the culprit. Even should you find and fix the problem, you will need to have the airbag light reset by the dealer or independent mechanica with the correct code reader.

canp5

Postby canp5 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Nothing was done to it at all totally stock, it just came on the other day. I guess I have to bite the bullet and pay the dealer. :evil:

Thanks

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 pm

the only thing I can think of to try would be to disconnect the battery for some time, i'd try 24 hrs if possible.
as far as checking the air bag connections, the only source of info I know of would be in the service manual: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Junior

Postby Junior » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Same thing happened on my 08. There is a recall for it. I just had it fixed this week. Take it to the dealer...should be no charge!
I tried the manual reset steps that I found online, didn't work. It is apparently a sensor that needs replaced.

canp5

Postby canp5 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am

well I broke down and took it to the dealer and they said it was the spiral cable in the steering wheel air bag system that is causing the light to stay on. So now it is $500 to replace the spiral cable.

Return to “R51 Electrical”