Another Climate Control Problem...

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

aadadams

Another Climate Control Problem...

Postby aadadams » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 am

I have a 2005 LE that will only blow cold air out of the drivers side vents including the floor no matter what the settings are on the climate control panel. The rear air and passengers side temp can be adjusted normally to blow heat or cold air but no matter what the setting combination the drivers side blows cold air. It's as if it operates thinking that the cold air is actually heat when set at 90. I have topped of the cooling system and am sure that there is no air in the system. Any ideas guys... I'd hate to have to take this thing in to the shop...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 am

It could be a bad mode door actuator. They are not easy to access on the R51 and a scantool is best used to test them.

Zen_master

Re: Another Climate Control Problem...

Postby Zen_master » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm

aadadams wrote:I have a 2005 LE that will only blow cold air out of the drivers side vents including the floor no matter what the settings are on the climate control panel. The rear air and passengers side temp can be adjusted normally to blow heat or cold air but no matter what the setting combination the drivers side blows cold air. It's as if it operates thinking that the cold air is actually heat when set at 90. I have topped of the cooling system and am sure that there is no air in the system. Any ideas guys... I'd hate to have to take this thing in to the shop...
See my issue in the thread below:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9580

I never went through the process of checking rear air. All I know is the dual climate control in the front was max cold all the time. No heat to speak of.

Zen_master

Re: Another Climate Control Problem...

Postby Zen_master » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm

aadadams wrote:I have a 2005 LE that will only blow cold air out of the drivers side vents including the floor no matter what the settings are on the climate control panel. The rear air and passengers side temp can be adjusted normally to blow heat or cold air but no matter what the setting combination the drivers side blows cold air. It's as if it operates thinking that the cold air is actually heat when set at 90. I have topped of the cooling system and am sure that there is no air in the system. Any ideas guys... I'd hate to have to take this thing in to the shop...
See my issue in the thread below:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9580

I never went through the process of checking rear air. All I know is the dual climate control in the front was max cold all the time. No heat to speak of.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:36 am

@Zen,
I read through your thread. It seems that the problem may be a combination of what you a smj... suggest. I'm really getting tired of sinking money into this truck..., but off to the dealer I go, again and again and again!

Return to “R51 Electrical”