Starting on its own

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

dealer

Postby not on the rug » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:39 am

i'd go in to the dealer and ask them. I mean, if it is a dealer add-on, then they'd be the ones who would know the right combination of buttons. or at the very least, they could reprogram it to a combination of buttons that you want

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:56 am

Just to clarify....a dealer add-on doesn't mean all Nissan dealers use the same part. It's just an accessory that the original dealer MAY have installed. It could have been installed anywhere. The ones the dealer install are not Nissan sanctioned accessories either.

It's worth an ask though because if this dealer happens to offer the same brand they would be able to help out. If nothing else if you can just find the controller it would be easy to look up the info online. I bought my '08 slightly used and it came with a remote starter installed. I found the controller so I could see the brand/model, downloaded the manual, and was able to change the programming on it myself.

Kristen

Postby Kristen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 am

I actually figured it out finally... It's lock, unlock, hold lock. Been working great, fired it up multiple times last night just to make sure. And then this morning I fired it up just fine. Makes my day considering it was like 5 degrees out this AM.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:16 am

Glade to hear you worked it out. No joy for me though :cry: I still just manage to wake the neighbors...
I'm jealous..

Kristen

Postby Kristen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:21 am

Did you turn your pathfinder on by accident one day as well? Is that how you know you have a remote start? I suggest if you don't feel like taking it somewhere to write down all the different sequences you have tried. I know your's is probably different then mine but did you try the sequence I just listed? Lock, unlock, hold lock, when I hold lock I actually hold it down till I see the lights turn on.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:31 am

Kristen wrote:Did you turn your pathfinder on by accident one day as well? Is that how you know you have a remote start? I suggest if you don't feel like taking it somewhere to write down all the different sequences you have tried. I know your's is probably different then mine but did you try the sequence I just listed? Lock, unlock, hold lock, when I hold lock I actually hold it down till I see the lights turn on.
No, just wishful thinking on my part. I others have it, "maybe" I have it... But no go. The Viper after market alarm system has that option... But at $300+ I was hoping for a Christmas surprise that was added by original owner. :)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I know on my remote start, if I repeat the process that I do to start it, it will also turn it off. You might look into that as well.

Return to “R51 Electrical”