Whole LIST of mods over the weekend!!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

GK1707

Postby GK1707 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I know I'm digging this thread up from the dead, but do you have any pics on how you mounted your LED bar.

Currently thinking of getting one for my 05 and I wanna mount it to the stock bumper as well just wondering how to squeeze it in there.

Odin

Postby Odin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:24 pm

GK1707 wrote:I know I'm digging this thread up from the dead, but do you have any pics on how you mounted your LED bar.

Currently thinking of getting one for my 05 and I wanna mount it to the stock bumper as well just wondering how to squeeze it in there.
I installed a 32" light bar in the same place as he did. I didn't take any pictures but I can walk you through it; it was very easy. Just cut out however much of the plastic grille in there you need to get your bar sitting where you want. Then, mark out the holes in your light bar mounts on the plastic bumper cover, and drill them out. I then took a two pieces of flat steel and welded a nut to each one for my light bar to be screwed to (although you could just use large washers instead). I squeezed the steel plates under the plastic bumper cover, so they were sitting on the metal bumper itself, and lined up the nut with the holes I had previously drilled in the cover. Then just screw it down, tadaa! Its surprisingly strong with the plates dispersing the weight. 8)

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”