How to remove Third row seat back (plastic panels)??

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ABAMAGRAD1995

How to remove Third row seat back (plastic panels)??

Postby ABAMAGRAD1995 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Hey all,

I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder with a tan cloth interior. I just bought a complete tan leather interior from a 2007 Pathfinder LE. The leather 3rd row seats have a carpeted seat back. My cloth seats have a brown, hard plastic panel on the back of the third row seats. I would like to remove these hard plastic panels and put them on the back of the leather seats. However, I cannot figure out how to remove these hard plastic panels. Can anyone tell me how? THANKS.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am

I believe they are of the "pull and pray" variety. I'll take a look at my truck when I get home tonight (she's not my daily driver)

I think they just snap on and pull off, but they take some finessing, and there may be a screw in the seat release where the strap comes out of

ABAMAGRAD1995

Postby ABAMAGRAD1995 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 am

Hey Jman,

Did you get a chance to check and see how those seat back panels off? If so, how do you get them off?

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:23 am

I thought i replied to this last night but I guess it didnt go through :(

The panels suck. They are of the pull and pray variety. They are held on by push pin door clips. The problem with these is they break. I actually broke one taking the panel off and then stopped because I didnt have any in stock.

You may be ok because you do have two sets of seatbacks and to be honest, you can live without a clip or two. But If you break enough of them that the seatback doesnt go back on, you can get replacement clips from nissan or autozone or even online.

I keep some universal ones in stock and just trim them if they don't fit quite right. But unless you're pulling off doors and seatbacks constantly, just get ones that match what you have and you'll be fine.

You may want to get some trim tools too, may make the process easier.

something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Auto-Body-P ... B000V664V2

you can use them to pry around the clips to get the seatback off.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”