Puddle Light

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Probie591

Puddle Light

Postby Probie591 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm working on designing a custom image to use for a puddle light. My 2010 Pathy does not have any door accent lights. The interior dome light comes on to provide light when the door is opened.
I think I have enough room to mount the LED puddle light inside the door panel. My question is where can I go to research where the wires from the new puddle light should connect to? My thinking is that any time the doors are opened, I want the LED puddle light to operate.
Suggestions?

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:37 am

There is a seperate trigger for each door, this could work better for you because that way when one door is open, the other three lights are not on.

Directtechs has them listed as:

Right Rear Door Trigger blue - BCM right of strng column, wht 40 pin plug, pin 13
Left Rear Door Trigger pink - BCM right of strng column, wht 15 pin plug, pin 8
Right Front Door Trigger lt. green - BCM right of strng column, wht 40 pin plug, pin 12
Left Front Door Trigger gray - BCM right of steering column, white 15 pin plug, pin 7

Use that, and have each one trigger a relay, then wires from that into the doors. I cant pos't a diagram from here at work (wont let me get to photo hosting sites) but if you need a diagram I can make you one and if you pm me your email address I'll send it to you. (I'll try to remember to upload it tonight when I get home)

Basically, you need to wire a relay off of each one of those four wires, and then wire the LED's for each door off of each relay. The trigger wires are very low power and only used as control circuits. They are not made to handle any real amount of current. Therefore, you need a relay to control the power to the lights in each door.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”