Mold smell near windows

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

merrion13

Mold smell near windows

Postby merrion13 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:18 am

'08 Pathfinder V6...this summer I've noticed a mold smell when the windows are opened up. It is not coming from the vents (neither the AC/Heat cause it).

Doesn't smell much when I get in the car either, only once I roll down the windows do I smell it. I've checked all seals on the windows, even washed it and immediately thereafter looked for any wet spots in the headliner, near the windows, etc.

Are there any common internal leaks on these trucks? I'm wondering if it is happening somewhere that isn't showing itself visibly.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Mold smell near windows

Postby eieio » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:17 am

merrion13 wrote:'08 Pathfinder V6...this summer I've noticed a mold smell when the windows are opened up. It is not coming from the vents (neither the AC/Heat cause it).

Doesn't smell much when I get in the car either, only once I roll down the windows do I smell it. I've checked all seals on the windows, even washed it and immediately thereafter looked for any wet spots in the headliner, near the windows, etc.

Are there any common internal leaks on these trucks? I'm wondering if it is happening somewhere that isn't showing itself visibly.
from a forum search of "water leak": http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... water+leak
some have also reported leakage at the rear hatch window seal
if not that, do you have a sunroof?

merrion13

Postby merrion13 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks eieio; I checked the area indicated in that other thread and all is well there.
I do have a sunroof; any idea where the sunroof drains empty?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:56 pm

merrion13 wrote:Thanks eieio; I checked the area indicated in that other thread and all is well there.
I do have a sunroof; any idea where the sunroof drains empty?
nope, sorry, i haven't been there yet :)

merrion13

Postby merrion13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm bumping this to see if anyone else has any thoughts. With spring arriving I want to make sure this problem goes away.

I've checked my sunroof drains, they are completely clear and drain very well.

Any other ideas?

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 pm

I have that, too. It's most noticeable when the window is partially rolled down. Last year I cleaned my window seals with bleach and it helped a lot. This year it's back and I'm wondering if there's something going on inside the door. One of these weekends I'm going to crack 'er open and see what's going on.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”