LED replacement lamps

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

labsy

LED replacement lamps

Postby labsy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:55 am

Hi,

I just purchased 2 pcs of H11 LED bulbs for fog lamps, thinking to improve luminiscence and output quality of OEM fog lamps on my Pathy.

But after install I was greatly dissapointed - those (and majority of other eBay/Amazon LED bulbs) are NOT suitable for for lamps due to different focus. In the picture below you can see that halogen H11 lamp has light source focused in the line of white underlying strap, while replacement LED lamp has light source offset way below, and beside that it has also 4 LEDs facing forward, which is not the way fog lamp should function.

Long story short: These LED bulbs are completely unusable, be it for fogs or spot reflectors. They just shine all around, without any formed beam. So, check LED bulbs images and compere them to OEM lights before you purchase anything.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:32 pm

:lol: Thanks for the heads up. I was contemplating about getting LED bulbs for the fogs because one of my fogs is dead. I was thinking about gambling $10 for a set, up until now. 8)

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 pm

I just ordered these for my friend's Jeep Grand Cherokee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOR ... UTF8&psc=1

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”