Westin Bull Bar and Front Tag

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

DanJetta

Westin Bull Bar and Front Tag

Postby DanJetta » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:11 pm

I just spent an hour installing the license plate relocation bracket to my bull bar — 57 minutes of which was spent screaming obsenities — because you have to remove the whole GD assembly from the car. Personally, I think it was a mistake for Westin to let Helen Keller design this thing. I also think they should have put in the description that you can't use the bracket if you have lights on the bar.

So now I have to figure out a different way to mount my front tag. Anyone live in a front-tag-state and have a creative way of mounting your tag to your bar?

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 pm

ummm.... I moved the plate up to use the lower 2 plate bolts (stock location) and put some foam tape where the tape touches the bumper.
Haven't checked on it since install a couple years ago.
I imagine theres a bit of friction rub over the years but I don't think it's that big a deal.

I've never had a problem with the cops in my area.
Mind you I don't have any lamps on my bull bar. but I plan to eventually and I might have to rethink this.

Off hand the only other thing I can think of is mounting a couple long "L" brackets to the light mount holes and hanging the plate off the front.
Or Drill the bar itself.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”