Squeaking interior door covers

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Barjrob1972

Squeaking interior door covers

Postby Barjrob1972 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:10 am

Is there a diagram somewhere on how to remove the interior door covers? Mine have started to squeak, particularly the passenger side when someone is riding, and I can't track down exactly from where the noise is coming so I'm wanting to tighten them up. I would prefer not going into the project blind and the dealership was of little assistance.

AtlantaRuffian

Postby AtlantaRuffian » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:47 am

I had a squeak that sounds pretty similar to yours. It ended being a spot where the faux leather vinyl wrapping under the armrest was contacting the paint of the door's inner shell. There's a felt strip that lines the outline of most of the door on the inside to prevent that, but it had slipped out of place.

In any case, here's a video that does a pretty good job of showing how to remove the door panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7p6FnQsX4

It leaves a couple things out, but you'll get the idea. The rear doors are essentially the same with a couple minor differences.

Barjrob1972

Postby Barjrob1972 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:08 pm

That'll help. Much appreciated!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”