Roof Rack Stanchion Bolt Type and Size

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Find_The_Path

Roof Rack Stanchion Bolt Type and Size

Postby Find_The_Path » Tue May 12, 2015 12:02 pm

I am planning on putting an add on Craigslist asking to purchase the crossbars and stanchions from another Pathfinder owner who does not use them. I see a TON of Pathy's out there and I guarantee 90% of them have no use for their crossbars (or even know they exist). I am planning on putting up an add offering $50 for them, and I will meet them wherever, take them off, and cover the holes with the caps from my Pathfinder. All I need to know is the bolt head type and size so if I meet them in the Wal-Mart parking lot, I have all I need to get the job done.
Figure this is cheaper than paying $300 for the OEM set mentioned here.
Thanks in advance!

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 am

Or you can go the eBay route like I did ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-FOR-05-12-N ... 7924&rt=nc

I paid $150 for mine two years ago.

EDIT: I just looked through all the pics in that eBay auction link. The 4th picture is mine!!! ITS THE SAME one I posted on here! BBWWAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Find_The_Path

Postby Find_The_Path » Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 pm

That's really funny! I figure if I can save $50, it's more than none, but that's not a bad price.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 15, 2015 7:15 am

Not sure of the size, but if they have the crossbars, they likely have the tool to remove the bolts in their jack tool kit. Hopefully they won't be too rusted in!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”