Mileage readout in st

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

mikesuperrc

Mileage readout in st

Postby mikesuperrc » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi.
I was curious about whether it is possible to get the mileage and dte etc to work in the ST.
and if so how would i go about it.
I know that in my VX commodore it was as simple as putting a ss or statesman instrument cluster in. is this the case here or are there things missing else where.

Also is it possible to add the exterior temp. sensor to the ST to get the read out for the temp like in the navaras.
I have a 2006 st 2.5td manual

Thanks Mike

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:41 am

Not sure what you are talking about. What is ST?

mikesuperrc

Postby mikesuperrc » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 pm

the ST is the base model here in Australia.
We have the ST then the ST-L then the Ti

The ST-L and Ti have the mileage readouts in the dash but the ST doesn't. But the actual gauge cluster seems to be the same unit an all models.

Thanks Mike

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:54 pm

The "ST" in Australia is similar to the "S" trim in North America. I believe some recently asked the same question regarding US models but we never came up with a way to do it. While the integrated meter assemblies (a.k.a. "instrument cluster") may all appear to be the same, they are not. If you look one up in the parts catalog for a specific year, you will find about 10 to 12 different part numbers available. They vary according to type of drive, type of transfer case, trim level, etc. I'm not sure it's as simply as getting a cluster for a model that has the DTE function and swapping it in, as it may have issues with other vehicle systems.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”