Replace Rear Bumper and Both Sets of Rear Lights and Covers?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Which is the Best Option?

Replace Bumper, Both Lights and Coverings
No votes
Replace Only Lights and Coverings
No votes
Replace Only Lights
No votes
Trade It In and Not Replace Anything
100%

Total votes: 1

SJMD

Replace Rear Bumper and Both Sets of Rear Lights and Covers?

Postby SJMD » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:02 am

My rear bumper and both lights are damaged on my 2007 Pathfinder. It's the only exterior damage on the entire car (I backed into something on moving day a few weeks ago and then again later the next day on the other side - I was obviously very tired that weekend!)

The bumper is torn on both sides, both sets of light coverings are broken and the right side lights do not work at all (the left side is fine except for the hole in the light cover).

I am planning to trade it in within the next 6-8 weeks, but need to get it inspected by the end of Sept. I can pass inspection with the bumper damage but not with the lights not working (unsure about passing inspection with the coverings being cracked if I do replace the right side bulbs).

I'm getting conflicting information from friends who supposedly know about cars, body shops and inspection stations as to the utility of replacing some or all of the damaged parts.

Based on the fact that I plan to trade it in very soon and the fact that it needs some fixing up to pass inspection even sooner, which would be the best idea?

Thanks for any feedback.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Find a pick and pull yard that has a pathfinder

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”