Nissan Roof Bars + Thule Bike Rack / Tow Bar question

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

1977bnc

Nissan Roof Bars + Thule Bike Rack / Tow Bar question

Postby 1977bnc » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and live in the UK. We are waiting collection of our first Pathfinder and literally can't wait until Saturday!

It's a 2009 2.5 TD Teckna in black.

I'm thinking about ordering the Nissan original roof bars that fit between the roof rails, does anyone know if the Thule bike racks will fit onto these? I'm looking at the Thule ProRide model.

Also, any recommendations on tow bars? Any things I should be wary of? Worth getting Nissan to do it?

Thanks for any help!
Ben

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Congrats! I wish we had the diesel here in the U.S. I'm jealous!

I have a set of Thule ProRide 591 attached to the factory rails. Best bike rack ever IMO. They do attach, though the factory rails have a slight curve (higher in the center than the sides) where the Thule rails are flat across. Your bikes will lean outward ever so slightly when they're attached unless you shim the rack level. This will probably only bother you if you have OCD. The factory rails are also more bendable than the Thule rails, so your bikes will move and sway a bit more with the Nissan rails. Again, not to the point of being a problem but, if you have OCD, you'll notice.

Personally, I prefer using the factory rails. They look cleaner, are silent and are tucked away (4 inches lower) than any after market rails that sit atop the roof beams.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Oops, just noticed you have a Tekna. The advice I gave was for my Pathfinder. Not sure how that compares to a Tekna.

1977bnc

Postby 1977bnc » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks! Yes ours is a Pathfinder, the trim level is called Texna in the UK.
Thanks that's great advice.... I do have slight OCD so that will bother me! Haha! Might need to give that some thought. Thanks for coming back to me. I agree thought the factory ones look much neater

blackohio

Postby blackohio » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:58 am

If you want a great rack, look up recon racks on FB. I have a 3 and 5 bike rack and its the best i've ever had.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”