Drivers exterior door handle don't work...

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

mforce

Drivers exterior door handle don't work...

Postby mforce » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:12 pm

I went out to get in the Pf the other morning. It was very cold and the door opened without problem...
Then I climbed in and noticed that the interior dome light stayed on. Well the drivers door would not close. It finally closed with a little help and now the drivers side exterior door handle won't open the door. The locks work fine as does the interior door handle.
Any thoughts? I have to open from passenger side and climb through or reach across and open then walk around and get into the drivers seat! :evil:

Jslatts

Postby Jslatts » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:58 am

I JUST posted about this 10min ago. hopeing 1 of us gets an answer. I actually have to hold my door shut and lock it for it to stay closed. and depending on driving time gotta climb out the passenger side. If I leave car with drivers side in the sun it will work. so I think something is freezing up.

mforce

Postby mforce » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:20 am

I took my door apart and noticed everything is connected. It might be the door latch mechanism on mine. I'm not sure how hard they are too replace....

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:36 am

If you can get it into a garage or use a hair dryer to warm it up and dry it off, you could then spray it down with WD40 and see how it works. Latch replacement difficulty isn't too bad if you take your time and pay attention to what you are doing, but hand size plays a big part in that, too. The smaller your hands, the better!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”