Gauge mounts ideas needed

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Jslatts

Gauge mounts ideas needed

Postby Jslatts » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:38 pm

So i am 1 of the many who replaced the transmission on his 05. Damage was begining before i got it. Well im OCD and wanna monitor everything. I have an oil pressure and trans temp gauge from an old 86 Stang drag car i did. Trying to find a way to mount onto PF. Was thinking in the little "cubby" in front of shifter. Trying to see if anyone has done it or if anyone has any other ideas.
Thanx

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:13 am

hey there,

welcome to the forums. There are a few posts about mounting a transmission temp gauge. One guy modified the spaces for the empty buttons beside the 4wd switch and the VDC switch, he drilled a 2" hole and put the gauge there. He figured since its not something he needs to be 'in his face' all the time, that was a good location. Most people reserve the cubby for a trailer brake controller or just leave it as it is pretty handy to put stuff in.

I still have my gauge and fitting assembly sitting in the garage, never got around to putting it in. To be honest, I don't know if i will anymore, as I've now replaced my radiator with a Spectra Premium and have reattached the rad cooler into the transmission loop. I ran for about 5 years without a gauge and the rad bypassed, and pull a heavy trailer occassionally. I've never had an issue with overheating, the only time its been a concern is when I'm maneuvering into my camping spot with the trailer. Limited airflow caused some overheating in reverse, and some slippage. Let it sit and idle for a few minutes and it was back to normal.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”