Worn Steering Wheel - Options

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

DCPathy

Worn Steering Wheel - Options

Postby DCPathy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:35 am

After a year of owning my 2008 V8 LE, one thing is driving me nuts - the steering wheel is worn all around the perimeter with nasty dark wear marks. What are my options for repair - brand new wheel(maybe an upgraded one, possibly from a Titan/Armada?) or is there a quality skin or resurfacing option? Steering wheel is heated but I am willing to give that up as I never use it. I have the tan interior. Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 am

I just go to Walmart and get a steering wheel cover and when that wears out, get another one, of course that will keep you from feeling the heat from your heated steering wheel option. If the "dark spots" are just from dirt, get a rag and some cleaner like Simple Green and just clean it off. If it's damaged leather, you can get a new steering wheel from Nissan, but it'll be over $400 online and even more than that directly from the dealer. I'm not sure if the Armada steering wheel will work, especially with the Nissan horn pad/air bag module and I don't know if the quality is any better, either. I've never heard of anyone taking their steering wheel to get re-wrapped with leather, but I suppose that's an option, but probably not cheap.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:20 pm

you could look into having it repaired, problem is, you've gotta yank the wheel and send it to the repair shop, meaning you cant drive the truck for a few days. I did that once with my jetta. I went to the junkyard and got a wheel, sent it out to be customized and then swapped them.

this place does really nice work http://www.american-stitches.com/

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed May 11, 2016 8:58 am

ever looked at something like Fibrenew?

They come to you, if you have a franchisee close to you and do the repair in your vehicle...

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”