Help! I need to replace rear bumper

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

squishy_0530

Help! I need to replace rear bumper

Postby squishy_0530 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:47 pm

I just got rear-ended and the guy fled the scene. Now I have a broken bumper. I was wondering if I could just buy the part and replace it myself. How do I replace the rear bumper of a 2005 pathfinder? Thanks!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Help! I need to replace rear bumper

Postby eieio » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:04 pm

squishy_0530 wrote:I just got rear-ended and the guy fled the scene. Now I have a broken bumper. I was wondering if I could just buy the part and replace it myself. How do I replace the rear bumper of a 2005 pathfinder? Thanks!
new bumpers do not come painted
it may be easier and less expensive to repair the damaged one

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:57 pm

It depends. Is it just the bumper cover, or the absorber behind it and/or the brackets and braces? You might not know until you remove the bumper cover and inspect it. As mentioned, the cover doesn't come painted "new," but you could try sourcing one from a salvage yard that is already painted your color, if you can find one. The cover, itself, is held on with a number of screws and a lot of clips, many of which will probably break and need to be replaced. Here's a part diagram of the rear bumper assembly, which might help:

http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-li ... m=850_A001

Rockauto has the bumper cover at various quality levels and price ranges, put they must be painted. You might try Ebay and Car-part.com for other options.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”