Aftermarket off-road parts

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

trailhead

Aftermarket off-road parts

Postby trailhead » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Does anyone offer aftermarket off-road parts anymore? Looking for bumpers (front and rear), skids, rock sliders, tire carrier, etc. I know rocky road offers the sliders still but was really looking for a different option. I was going to order bumpers from TAG, but hesitated due to negative reviews and probably a good thing I did since they are now no longer in business... Anyone have any suggestions, particularly for bumpers? I think frontier bumpers will fit the front (as long as I use the frontier valance or cut my bumper), can anyone confirm this? I am really needing a rear as I was rear ended and want to upgrade at this time but unable to find anything currently.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Frontier bumper fits.

4x4parts.com
Ruggedrocks.com
Prg products
Shrockworks

C

Postby C » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 am

Yes, as per Shrockworks, the Frontier front bumper is good to go.

I contacted Shrockworks about a year ago about skid plates and sliders. I also asked about a front bumper. Seems like they might have most everything you're looking for. Excerpts of the email convo I had with them below:

"A lot of our Nissan/Frontier parts are compatible with the 2005+ Pathfinder. All of the skid plates will work fine. On the transfer case skid, you need the one made for a Frontier. There’s an option to choose Xterra or Frontier on our website. I can make rock sliders for your Pathfinder too. They’re not on our website but I have drawings for them. Same price as the second generation Xterra sliders. You’ll need to drill 2 holes, 1 per side, to mount the rock sliders.
I believe there’s a plastic panel under the bumper that’s left hanging in space with our radiator skid. We normally install them with a bumper as well so I don’t have a lot of experience with this, sorry. I should have mentioned; our Frontier bumper works on the Pathfinder as well."

They seemed very friendly and professional, and their products, at least with Xterra owners (I owned a first gen X prior to my PF.), are very highly regarded.

Greg at PRG was awesome with helping get my lift together. He really knows his stuff! I don't know what he has available as far as bumpers, skids, sliders, and/or tire carrier, though. Definitely worth it to contact him if you'd like to and see what he has or suggests.

Depending on the terrain in your area and how aggressively you drive offroad, you may want to take a look at the OE Nissan skids. Nowhere near as strong or as full coverage as the Shrocks, for example, but much lighter and much cheaper. They bolt right up. In an area with no or few rocks and/or if you don't wheel very aggressively they may be a nice option if you want to save weight. There's a thread on here about them.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”