seatbelt latch no longer working

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

DrBeavis

seatbelt latch no longer working

Postby DrBeavis » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 pm

my 2005 se pathy's rear passenger seatbelt latch no longer works. its plastic outer cover came off a while ago, though the click-in mechanism still worked fine for sometime after. but now it is no longer able to keep the buckle locked in. what are my options? is it possible for me to replace the entire assembly somehow? should i just look for it in one of the authorized Nissan sites, or is this something that should only be handled by professionals? thank you!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:38 am

Depending on where you are located, there maybe lifetime warranty. I'd start at the dealer and dork my way back from there depending on the response. Wrecker could be an option too.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:49 am

Some of the older Nissans had lifetime warranties on seat belts, but I believe the one on the R51 is for ten years. Any auto repair shop should be able to replace the seat belt latch.

DrBeavis

Postby DrBeavis » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:25 pm

as always, thank you for the reply. the thing is that i recently replaced a crankshaft position sensor all on my own, so i feel emboldened. combined with the fact that my kids' afterschool activities are sucking me dry, i figured to give it a shot myself instead of paying more at a local shop. am i being foolish?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:01 am

You can do it yourself, of course. If you are replacing the retractor assembly, keep in mind it has a pre-tensioner in it and the battery should be disconnected 10 minutes before you work on it, much like an air bag. There is also a place that repairs seat belts, so you may want to check on the cost comparison between new and rebuilt:

https://www.safetyrestore.com/

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”