Rattle under dashboard on driver's side at windscreen bottom

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

radudel

Rattle under dashboard on driver's side at windscreen bottom

Postby radudel » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 am

When driving faster than 100km/h, I can hear a rattle noise, like plastic something. I suspect that the odometer cable might vibrate above a certain speed. Is that possible? How can I diagnose correctly such a thing because I only hear it when driving at a considerable high speed?

Is it possible to have something from the odometer or it might be from an air stream coming into AC form the air grill?

If someone has something similar please help!

Thanks!

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Rattle under dashboard on driver's side at windscreen bo

Postby disallow » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 am

radudel wrote:When driving faster than 100km/h, I can hear a rattle noise, like plastic something. I suspect that the odometer cable might vibrate above a certain speed. Is that possible? How can I diagnose correctly such a thing because I only hear it when driving at a considerable high speed?

Is it possible to have something from the odometer or it might be from an air stream coming into AC form the air grill?

If someone has something similar please help!

Thanks!
theres no cable for the speedo or odometer. its electronic.

radudel

Postby radudel » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:33 pm

That is good to know. So, one step closer! Any other hints?

Thanks!

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:03 am

radudel wrote:That is good to know. So, one step closer! Any other hints?

Thanks!
I would start by looking under the dash for a loose wiring harness. You can pad it with foam or zip tie it if you find any loose sections that could be causing a rattle.

necromantic

Postby necromantic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Actually, I have a similar rattle. Seems like the faster I go, the louder it gets. I've not been able to isolate it but I wonder if it has anything to do with plastic bits on the interior of the fender.

When I start my vehicle I notice a piece of plastic behind the driverside front tire that seems to be a bit loose. It shakes loosely with the engine running at idle. I was wondering if this might be what's causing the sound and it just happens to echo through the dash.

I'll let you know what I find.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”