Does anyone undercoat/Oil Spray their Pathfinder?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Ride2Live

Does anyone undercoat/Oil Spray their Pathfinder?

Postby Ride2Live » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:05 am

Just wondering if anyone has had their Pathfinder undercoated and if they are content with it?

Here in NE-Ohio they put salt and calcium chloride down in the winter. This stuff just eats things up. I was looking under mine this weekend and have seen the toll it's taking in the way of chips on the frame paint etc....

If Oil-Spray or undercoating isn't a good option, where can I get a good quality frame paint?

Thanks

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:14 am

I haven't seen a whole lot of damage on our Pathy and they put salt down here is Jersey. If you want to do an undercoat. Por15 is really tough. www.por15.com It's used a lot in VW and Porsche circles, since they are famous for rusting.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:12 am

xxx
Last edited by Gray on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 am

I have found that just being diligent in washing the underside of the vehicle down has prevented anything other than surface rust on the raw metal pieces from forming. Either hitting those coin-ops that will blast up-wards or just hosing it down in the drive. I'll admit, pain in the ass and some of those days its way fricking cold. But it's worked so far for me on all my vehicles. Knocks out all that trapped sand and crap.

Zen_master

Re: Does anyone undercoat/Oil Spray their Pathfinder?

Postby Zen_master » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Ride2Live wrote:Just wondering if anyone has had their Pathfinder undercoated and if they are content with it?

Here in NE-Ohio they put salt and calcium chloride down in the winter. This stuff just eats things up. I was looking under mine this weekend and have seen the toll it's taking in the way of chips on the frame paint etc....

If Oil-Spray or undercoating isn't a good option, where can I get a good quality frame paint?

Thanks
Would Ziebart's be what you're looking for?

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”