Rear door stuck shut child lock on

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

fat_fraz

Rear door stuck shut child lock on

Postby fat_fraz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:16 am

Hi folks,

Went to unlock the Pathy last night (2006) and the kid's rear door won't open. Handle feels like cable broken. I took the trim off, the door seal off, to try and disengage the child lock, but it's stuck fast. The lock nub inside moves with the remote unlocking, but not as far as it should. Both interior and exterior handles feel disconnected.

Thing is, I can't get to anything to fix it!! Any ideas folks? Feels like the actuator, but just can't get to the problem to tell.....

Thanks

fat_fraz

Should have said

Postby fat_fraz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I took the interior handle off and tried manually triggering the lock with the control wire. This didn't work either.

Any suggestions welcomed!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Any way you can remove the side seat and that will allow enough movement to remove the door panel?

fat_fraz

interior panel

Postby fat_fraz » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:20 pm

thanks, actually, I have the interior panel off, and the plastics and seal, but can't seem to get access to the lock. And can't budge the child lock or move the lock with the control rod, it just seems jammed shut. The only way I can see this going at the moment is to try and remove the door. There's access behind the driver's door, two bolts at the bottom, and two screws at the top, but the screws are a special fitment, and I can see me wrecking it if I try that...

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”