Door seals

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Pretty sure I turned mine in and out like my other Nissans...I'll give them a check though to make sure I'm not remembering incorrectly.

Anyway, just installed the new window seal for the driver side yesterday. I'm down to minimizing the really small noises now, but it's quieter this afternoon than last night after sitting in the sun at work and stretching into place over the window. Mine wasn't terrible to begin with but the combination of the three seals plus windshield sealant is working out pretty well.

Next step, dropping the roof liner and damping the roof, the last swath of undamped thin gauge metal in the truck...

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon May 19, 2014 9:59 am

eieio wrote:
NVSteve wrote:I was working with 3/8" backer rod as that seems the perfect size. I wonder if I should try 1/4" instead.
window screen spline material might work
it comes in different thicknesses
Finally had a chance to check all the spline options at Lowe's yesterday. Too small and way too firm. Instead, I bought another pack of the 3/8" backer rod and will cut that in half lengthwise, then install it. The only other thing I can think of is stopping by a craft store and getting a chunk of soft foam that I can cut into small strips & then jam into the seals.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”