Headrest video - wiring through the front seats

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

leadpig

Headrest video - wiring through the front seats

Postby leadpig » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Greetings! Anyone out there installed headrest video units running the wires through the front seats? Just picked up my '12 SV 4x4 and need to move an Audiovox unit I have currently installed in my wife's Versa. Wires go down the post into the seat, but the seat cover construction looks rather complex on the Pathy, particularly on the passenger side with the fold flat seat. What I'm looking for is how I can undo the fabric enough to get at the wires as they come down, so any advice/knowledge anyone can share on the best way to not irreversibly damage the seat fabric (and/or set off the air bags!) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

07-SV-650

Postby 07-SV-650 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am

I have re-done seat covers in the past - all you usually need are basic hand tools, some new hog rings, and hog ring pliers, but......I would NOT mess with a seat with a built in air bag, I think its best left to a professional

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks, I'd pretty much come to that conclusion myself, especially since the passenger seat does the fold flat forwards thing and so is a bit more complicated. The Versa was simple, just an interlocking plastic strip on the bottom at the back and the wires dropped right through even though the seats are air bagged. Based on the comfort level though, there's just not that much inside them!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”