Roof mounted lights

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

WDE08

Re: Roof mounted lights

Postby WDE08 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 am

NYPathfinder wrote:Curious as to what people are using.I have 2 hella 500s mounted behind the grill and a Yakima roof rack with 4 6" lights mounted to it that i took off because i don't like how high they sit above the roof. Trying to come up with other ideas. Maybe mount 4 square lights using the factory bars up top.Anyone use a frontier light bar? Open to ideas or suggestions.
Are you interested in selling the old lights?

Jeroendc

Re: this is what I have done

Postby Jeroendc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:
HydroPonix wrote:www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8362

thats how I put my 2 10 inch leds on my roof. nice and low profile :D

here is my car

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8354
what size light bar is the in the bumper opening? I have 2 Led lights behind the grill. debating between putting two more in the bumper opening or an LED light bar.
2 behind the grill. the 3rd was test fitting.
Do you have a picture of finished product?

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:49 pm

The light in the bumper is a rigid 20" combo spot flood. I found a great price on amazon, it mounts on the top brush guard mounts inside the bumper with about 3 inches clearance on each end. I answered to a few threads about how to mount it, you have to cut the three vertical plastic pieces to get it in there. Heres a link.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... hlight=led

Hey nypath i didnt mean to skip over your post
I had a thread on how i mounted it but i cant find it. Ill have to do some digging.

Im going to have to move it though because im probably going to put a brushguard on, ill just stick it kn the bg.

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Here you go, halfway down the first page is the bumper light install.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8362

Word of caution, anything you put down there will get pelted with rocks and bathed in mud and snow on the not so nice days :D

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:54 am

Hey Touchdown,

How do you like the LED light bar output with the bar that far back on the top? I will be getting a light bar soon but afraid I will loose light output having it that far back. Was thing of having custom brackets made and putting it closer to the top of the windshield.. Your thoughts?
Hey Jay...I just saw this.
Yes I'll have to concur with Hydro on this...really no difference in lighting.
These light bars are so bright they make it look like day time outside! :shock:
Go for it, you'll enjoy the extra light on those darker than dark roads/trails!!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”