Mesh grille mod

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Bcraven22

Mesh grille mod

Postby Bcraven22 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:41 pm

I know there are several threads in here about this mod, but I can't find anywhere that says how everyone is attaching the new mesh part to the vehicle..... Help?!?!?

I found a nice size piece of mesh that looks kind of like a diamond at lowes for $9 in a 1'x2' piece, no room for error, but I won't even have to cut if I decide to cut the honeycomb out, which is what I would like to do. I bought two pieces so I could also do the lower. Any suggestions or links to how to attach that one would be awesome too!

This stuff only came in galvanized but I think a couple coats of plasti dip will be fine. I thought about using the stuff at lowes that the sell for stucco but IMO it was to thin and flimsy, I would say this stuff is 1/8" - 1/4"

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 pm

whats going on bcraven.... this might be a tad bit late... 6 months lol, but If your still interested or anyone else who has this question I may be able to give some info. I like the oem honeycomb on the pf, but the mesh grille also looks sweet and have and still am considering this mod. heres what I found

www.carid.com/2005-nissan-pathfinder-gr ... 53927.html

so this next link is their install pics

http://www.carid.com/images/grillcraft/ ... ctions.pdf

now I dont know what year pf you have but this is for r51's I think until 07.

im still considering whether or not to purchase one, its a bit pricey and I can spend my money on something else, lol but yeah, hope this helps someone.

:)

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”